Friday, August 23, 2013

Vocabulary


Definitions;

expository- intended to explain or describe something.

composition- the nature of something's ingredients or constitutes the way which a whole or mixture is made up.

assuage- make and unpleasant feeling less intense.

decadence- moral or cultural decline as characterized by excessive indulgence in pleasure or luxury.

hackneyed- lacking significance through having been over used.

coalition- an alliance for combined action.

transcend- be or go beyond the range or limits.

meritorious- Deserving rewards or praise.

lurid- very vivid in color.

petulant- childishly sulky or bad tempered.


Sentences;

My teacher told me today that my essay on elephants was expository.

The girl had great composition in yoga class.

My dog assuged, the moment he peed on my backpack, by being cute.

Old people often criticize teenagers for the decadence in today's society.

His jokes were hackneyed.

We became a coalition to stop drinking and driving.

Through the year my body has transcend, because of hard work and determination.

Private Ryan's actions were meritorious in killing 194 nazis, later given Medal of Honor.

My dream felt real it was so lurid.

When people order sandwiches at subway they are very petulant about the olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment