Monday, November 18, 2013

What you should know

Well many people in the world are now seeing this open source learning network and taking a real hard look at the students work. But are kids even learning anything? We'll let me elaborate, I'm 17 years old I live in apartment with one of my friends and I rent a room. I also work from 3-9 everyday after school. I wake up every morning at 5:45 everyday to get ready for school. Now in the time given to me in the day I don't really have enough time as many or most people do. How do you expect a student to learn anything if the only thing the student is focused on is just getting the assignment done. This "open source learning" is made for kids who have time to spare with themselves. Most students that take place in this class don't have jobs, don't provide for themselves and they don't have to stay up till 1 A.M. Just to finish one assignment that's ten pages that the teacher doesn't even read. I believe if anyone is going to take part in this class be advised to make sure your a really bored person cause this will take up the time out of your day. Especially when a teacher gives you 4 days to write a ten page paper. Not appropriate at all, a ten page paper should be given at least 10 days or so. But 4 days? That ridiculous and I'm probably going to get a bad grade for not having it finished. I probably would have gotten it finished if I wasn't busy doing math/government homework or working or trying to sleep. Not that there is anything wrong with this class it's just the fact that a teacher doesn't understand when a student has to much going on. The teacher expects your all but how can you give it your all when there's just all this stuff piling up?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. It's like we had totally different experiences in the same room at the same time. I remember offering help and all sorts of solutions and compromises to help people work around schedule and tech constraints, and I remember taking an entire month after the initial research paper assignment to provide step-by-step guidance and read everyone's work closely. If you think I missed something or you want more feedback, I'm available; email or come by. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete